Thursday, October 10, 2013

Vegan Burgers

Today I made really yummy vegan burgers.  I modified a recipe I found online so that it fit my dietary restrictions.  I have recently discovered... I REALLY love sweet potatoes, so when I found a sweet potato vegan burger recipe online, I KNEW that was the one.  Turns out, I modified it though so that it isn't predominately sweet potato anymore, but its really delicious.  Anyway here's my vegan burger recipe.


Vegan Burgers
2 cans of beans. (I used one can of black beans and one can of dark red kidney beans)
1 large sweet potato.  (I had half of a sweet potato that was more than what I would consider a large sweet potato)
1 cup nuts (I used slivered almonds and chopped walnuts)
Somewhere around two cups of flour.
Spices to your personal taste.

This recipe is really straightforward.  Drain the water from the cans of beans and mash them.  (I used my cuisinart and mashed them that way.) Chop up the sweet potato, or slice it.  Whatever is easiest for you.  Then boil the sweet potatoes.  Once the sweet potatoes are boiled mash them (again I used the cuisinart).  Make sure your nuts are FINELY chopped (I did this by putting them in the Cuisinart with my sweet potatoes). Once that is finished, you'll mix the nuts and sweet potatoes with the mashed beans. Gradually add in flour until your mixture is able to be made into patties.  And of course don't forget to add your seasonings. And then just brown your patties, place on your bread (or in my case I used tortillas because I didn't want to wait for our bread to dethaw) and put on your favorite condiments/topping and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment