Sunday, June 28, 2015

So its not Vegan but...

As you know, I SHOULD be keeping to a very strict diet.  Its no gluten, dairy, fish, or acid inducers.  One big thing with the last one that I have a problem with is meat.  So I eat what I call a mostly vegan diet... Or rather should be.  When I got pregnant with my daughter, I operated under the 'eat whatever sounds good' philosophy because my hyperemesis (morning sickness) was HORRIBLE.  I was throwing up all the time anyway, so hey.  If it sounded good, it was more likely to stay down.  So I haven't as of yet completely gone back to my mostly vegan diet despite being 6 months post partum.
However, I do have a healthier alternative that I prefer over beef that I can tolerate... Ground turkey!!!! Nowhere near as fatty, and much less 'acidic' than red meats.  And it tastes almost the same as ground beef.  We use it in spaghetti and chili and make our own 'sausage' with it.  (Basically we season it with sausage like spices)
And oh my gosh... I think I have in the past posted my beet sauce recipe...  Probably the most versatile thing in my kitchen.  Can use it in EVERYTHING seems like.  Anything that calls for tomato paste or sauce or similar, replace with beet sauce.

Oh one thing about beets... cook them with brown sugar to eliminate some of the earthiness, especially when using in place of tomatoes.
When I'm not half asleep from doing so many blog updates, I'll sift through my posts and see if I posted my beet recipe, and I'll post some recipes with my ground turkey and beet sauce...

No comments:

Post a Comment